Every year, thousands of Torontonians kick off the summer BBQ season at Thrill of the Grill, a sizzling event along the Danforth that celebrates the barbecue, showcases the many excellent restaurants and merchants of the Broadview Danforth Business Improvement Area and raises valuable money for kidney cancer research.
Celebrating its tenth anniversary, Thrill of the Grill has become a Toronto tradition. An event that offers menu choices to excite every palate. This year, eight distinct Danforth restaurants and food shops will fire up the BBQ’s in a saucy, sumptuous celebration of summer. You won’t want to miss it.
Thrill of the Grill 2019 kicks off on June 22 from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
All-inclusive $25 tickets go on sale May 16th
Historical Highlights – A look back at a Decade of Decadent BBQ!
- Thrill of the Grill got off to a modest start in 2010, serving sliders on a vacant lot at the corner of Danforth and Ellerbeck Avenues.
- Since 2012, when Thrill of the Grill first started raising money for kidney cancer research, over $120,000 has been donated to the Sunnybrook Foundation.
- The Food Network Celebrity Chef and best-selling author Lynn Crawford emceed her first Thrill of the Grill in 2012. Chef Lynn will take to the mic again this year.
- In 2015, Thrill of the Grill was held on the Bloor Viaduct to celebrate the City of Toronto’s official lighting of the luminous veil. It was Thrill’s first night time event.
- Mystery bags-for-sale made their debut in 2017. This year the popular bags will be back and better than ever.
Cocktail shaker: To celebrate 10 years, a special Tenth Anniversary Thrill of the Grill cocktail will be available for purchase. Created by our sponsor Select Wine, the Thrill Me, Chill Me Anniversary Cocktail will be a perfect sparkling toast to 10 Years!
Live Performance by Toronto band Fat Head Hazel.
Fat Head Hazel puts their unique spin on hits from your favourite artists from Van Morrison to ACDC
The Broadview Danforth BIA is made up of more than 350 merchants, restaurants and services. Together they provide a unique, urban shopping, dining and entertainment experience in one of Toronto’s most vibrant neighbourhoods; the west end of Danforth Avenue and along Broadview. Formerly known as the Danforth BIA, the Broadview Danforth BIA launched its new name and new logo on February 14, 2019.